Hydration is extremely important to a cat’s overall health. Since cats do not have a strong thirst drive, it is important for a cat to ingest water with his or her food.
Wellness wet cat recipes are a delicious and healthy way to increase your cat’s moisture intake.
12-Pack of 12-1/2-Ounce Cans
Wellness Canned Cat Recipes
Wellness Canned Recipes provide sources of protein and essential fatty acids.
They’re made with high quality proteins and are free of added growth hormones and steroids.
Recipes also include ingredients like sweet potatoes and carrots, essential vitamins and minerals, and fresh, whole cranberries and blueberries are added to help maintain proper urinary tract health.
Importance of Good Hydration For Your Cat
Water is an essential nutrient for your cat and accounts for 60-75% of an adult cat’s body weight.
Water helps your cat’s body digest food, regulate body temperature, eliminate waste (urinary issues continue to be one of the most common medical reasons pet parents take their cats to the veterinarian each year) and allows salt and other electrolytes to pass through the body.
Encouraging hydration is extremely important. Providing a bowl of fresh, clean water does not ensure your cat will naturally drink what they need in order to stay properly hydrated and healthy.
Tips to Encourage Healthy Hydration:
- Many cats love to drink running water. Re-circulating water fountains are very attractive water stations that, in many cases, will stimulate a cat to drink more frequently.
- Try moving the water from one location to another regularly as sometimes a new location can help to stimulate cats to drink.
- If your cat has had urinary problems in the past, canned foods should be a major part of their diet. You can even add more water to your cat’s canned food to encourage increased water intake.
- Multiple, clean, fresh litter boxes should be placed in out of the way areas, making it easy for your cat to relieve himself without interruption.
- Made with high quality meat, a cat’s best source of protein
- Contains vitamins and antioxidants that help maintain your cat’s immune system
- Fresh, whole cranberries and blueberries and low dietary magnesium helps promote proper urinary tract function
- Fortified with chelated minerals and vitamins
- Taurine, an essential amino acid for cats is necessary for normal eye and heart function